Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Independent Reviewing Officer to work based in Bournemouth.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £46,845 per annum.
- To maintain robust systems for the planning and review of children subject to child protection plans and children in care.
- To contribute to an effective mechanism for child protection conferences and child in need planning meetings within the authority.
- To contribute to the reviewing system for children in care or the reviewing of foster carer approvals.
- To act as a lead on quality assurance and to support the work of senior managers to encourage effective planning for children in care and those subject to child protection plans.
- To lead on or contribute to, as appropriate, the development and dissemination of policy and procedure for children in care and/or children subject to child protection plans.
- To offer advice to the staff of the Children’s Services and other local agencies in areas for which there is a key responsibility.
- To chair child protection conferences in line with Pan-Dorset Interagency Procedures and Poole Child Protection Procedures and to facilitate planning meetings as appropriate.
- To offer advice on child protection matters to staff within Children Services and to other agencies working with children.
- To participate, as required, on any of the working groups of the Bournemouth and Poole Local Safeguarding Children Board.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Previous experience within frontline children’s social work, ideally including experience as an Independent Reviewing Officer.
This Social Work Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.