Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Head of Service to fill a full-time role (37 hours per week) based in Hove, within the 0 - 24 Specialist Community Disability Service.
The pay rate for this locum Head of Service job is £250 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
2 days in the office, 3 working from home.
- Oversees both children’s and adult social work services
- Focussed on the transition process as children with disabilities prepare for adulthood and move into adult services
- Shaping services to achieve priorities through leadership of people and management of resources
- Setting or influencing the future direction of the wider organisation
- Role modelling corporate values and behaviours
Requirements of the Head of Service:
- Be a qualified Social Worker
- Someone with a children’s social work experience as the POD (Social care team) Manager is trained in adult social work
- Adults experience is non-essential, however, Children’s side is - must be open to learning about the Adults SW side
- Experience of leading and managing multidisciplinary teams, enabling others, dealing with problems and developing people - including setting objectives and managing performance
- Ability to make change happen and implement transformation programmes and keep staff motivated through the change
- Experience of contract management and commissioning of services or demonstrable equivalent knowledge
- Qualified Social Worker and current registration with the HCPC
- Substantial knowledge and experience of disability and equality issues and service provision for disabled children and their families
- Significant senior management experience with demonstrable success in both leadership and management of multidisciplinary services in one or more of health or social care
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Head of Service job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.