Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Deputy Team Manager to work based in Milton Keynes, within the Fostering Supervision & Recruitment Team.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive rate of £38 per hour (Assignment rate) and this role is a 3-month contract.
- Support the Fostering Operations Manager to ensure that services are delivered in line with The Fostering Services: National Minimum Standards 2011 and legal requirements of the Fostering Services Regulations 2011 and The Children Acts 1989 & 2004
- Ensure that all children in need, in need of protection, and/or in care are safeguarded and their well-being is promoted effectively, through assessment and care planning alongside the application of specialist theory, practical and procedural knowledge
- Assist, the recruitment/retention of all foster carers, and timely completion of assessments
- Support and quality assure all aspects of work relating to the Fostering Service and quality assure Development Plans and Household Reviews
- Ensure effective presentation at Fostering Panels, quality assure reports and support the Operations Manager to develop learning from any emerging theme
- Work in partnership with key agencies, ensuring collaboration and information sharing to ensure good outcomes for children
- Manage and oversee the supervision of foster carers and Special Guardianship carers
- Ensure recruitment and retention of carers and support Operations Manager with the development of Fostering strategies and policies and completion of household reviews
- Manage and ensure the effective management of the team (Social Workers, Social Work Assistants and childcare professionals) and the supervision and allocation of casework/assessment is monitored across the team
- Ensure budgetary guidelines are adhered to by team members through supervision and applying appropriate decisions which reflect cost effective decision without compromising need
- Undertake staff performance tasks as directed by the Operations Manager to ensure staff performance conforms to the required professional and performance standards, including full electronic recording of work on Liquid Logic system
Requirements of the Deputy Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s services
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Deputy Team Manager job is advertised by Jenni Regnault; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.