Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Deputy Manager to work based in St Martins, Guernsey, within the Adult Disability Service.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Deputy Manager is £49,449 per annum.
- Work a shift system that offers support 24 hours a day. Staff are involved in all aspects of maintaining the area using the active support model - this may include cleaning, shopping, washing ironing, cooking etc. Service users will be encouraged to participate in these activities with the staff.
- To undertake the assessment of service users with complex needs.
- To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs.
- To guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care received by service users.
- To undertake risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of service users with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To lead a staff team in emergency situations, ensuring that the service user’s needs are met and that significant others are supported.
- To take the lead in the promotion of the health and well-being of service users and their significant others, ensuring that health promotion is incorporated in the planning and delivery of care.
- To act as a supervisor to staff working within the area.
- To utilise information and data from a range of sources to identify service user’s needs and to guide decision-making processes.
Requirements of the Social Work Deputy Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle and be prepared to drive service vehicles.
- Evidence of CPD at diploma level.
- Ideally teaching/mentoring qualification.
- Ideally Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1).
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Understanding of learning disabilities and/or willingness to learn.
This Social Work Deputy Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.