Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Preston, within the Community Support Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £11.76 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- 30 hours which could be between one or two workers.
- Early shifts 8am-2/3pm or later shifts 2/3/4pm-9/10pm.
- Work alongside one of the service staff, providing support to four individuals who all have moderate to severe learning disabilities.
- Support people with personal care (ie. Showering and using the toilet) – one individual has an injured arm, requiring another member of staff to assist in order to avoid falls and further injury.
- Undertake tasks related to the home – cleaning, meal preparation, assistance to eat and drink, shopping.
- Complete service records and work within policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and managing information.
- Take people supported out for short walks or activities following guidance available in support plans.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Diploma or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- An understanding of autism would be helpful, and training in moving & handling is preferable as the individual who has an injury has additional equipment.
- Training in administration of medication is preferable though service staff can take the lead in this and other health related tasks.
- Must be willing to work within the service’s infection prevention and control procedure and wear suitable PPE through shifts.
- Must have had COVID-19 vaccination.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.