Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Child Protection Chair to work full-time based in Strood, within the Quality Assurance Team.
The salary for this permanent Child Protection Chair job is £55,658 per annum.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient service to children and young people in need of protection
- Ensure efficient and effective inter-agency working in respect of the child protection system
- Constructively challenge actions and interventions that are not delivering the required outcomes for children and young people
- Contribute to quality assurance measures and performance management systems to maintain and promote high practice standards
- Chair child protection conferences within statutory timescales, facilitating the full participation of professionals, parents and children and young people, and ensuring the views of children and young people are heard and given due attention
- Champion children and young people’s views and rights in everything you do
- Ensure children and young people’s voices are listened to and acted upon
- ‘Do what you say and say what you do’
- Carries our work which has a major impact on the wellbeing of people, including assessing and deciding on complex needs, implementing care/welfare programmes, making decisions that have a high impact on people, developing policies and procedures which have a significant impact on the service
- Carries out some direct responsibility for the supervision, coordination or training of other employees
- Manage his/her own time effectively working directly with a broad range of partner agencies and other departments in Children’s Services using his/her own initiative to ensure procedures are followed and targets are met
- Liaise with all stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation, including working with children and families to ensure they are appropriately involved in decisions
Requirements of the Child Protection Chair:
- A recognised professional Social Work qualification
- Registered with Social Work England and evidence of continuous professional development
- Be a good listener
- Be non-judgemental
- Be consistent and stable
- Be contactable
- Understands children
- Be honest
- Be focused
- Be realistic
- Be a good timekeeper
- Be resourceful in your approach
- Be ambitious for young people and promote others to share the same drive
- Demonstrable post qualification experience of working with children and families
- Extensive, demonstrable experience of working as a qualified social worker within Child Protection social work
- Experience of working within the framework of the Children Act 1989, Public Law Outline (2014) and other relevant legislations/polices including, local Safeguarding procedures and Working Together 2013, 2015 and 2018
- Demonstrable experience of successfully encouraging and promoting engagement with children and young people in child protection processes
- Experience of undertaking quality assurance activity, including but not limited to case audits
- Knowledge of recent research, effective risk assessment, child development, and service innovation
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Children's Services and Medway Council's responsibilities for safeguarding and child protection
- Proven experience in the application of ‘Signs of Safety’ (Desirable)
- ICT skills to include Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act on own initiative whilst also being a positive team player, contributing to setting and maintaining the highest standards of practice for self and others
- Ability to act as a role model to promote equality and manage diversity in the workplace and service provision
- Ability to positively challenge poor practice, escalating concerns when necessary, in the interests of promoting best outcomes for children and young people
- Ability to build sound and productive working relationships with colleagues, staff and managers, engaging others in a credible, persuasive way
This Child Protection Chair job is advertised by Charlie Reeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.