Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Chelmsford for a Social Work Best Interest Assessor (BIA).
The salary for this permanent Best Interest Assessor job is £31,000 - £42,000 per annum.
This role will include remote working apart from essential appointments/travel until we return to normal working conditions.
- Conduct assessments/reviews under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Assess adults' mental capacity to establish if a person is being deprived of their liberty and will ensure best interest decisions are made
- Obtain, evaluate and analyse complex evidence and differing views to arrive at robust decisions
- Evaluation and analysis of complex evidence to ensure robust decisions underpinned by detailed evidence
- Ensure detailed record-keeping, clarity and professional reasoning in reports to meet legal requirements and professional standards
- Utilise knowledge/experience effectively in completing assessments and investigations within a legal framework to ensure a clear understanding of the implications for people who use services (families and carers)
- Supporting staff and partner agencies (including providers) by offering professional subject matter expert advice in matters relating to the Mental Capacity Act, within the context of safeguarding, best interests and protecting human rights
- Responsible for taking the lead where a social work perspective is required to drive decision-making ensuring that a legally based, human rights perspective is applied to when and how interventions are made in the lives of individuals, families and communities experiencing complex social and family problems
Requirements of the Best Interest Assessor:
- Educated to degree level in Social Work, CQSW, CSS (i.e. Diploma of Occupational Therapists or BSc. OT or equivalent and a Qualified Best Interests Assessor
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in the relevant professional area including membership of essential professional membership e.g. Social Work England
- Significant experience in a social care setting
- Previous experience working as a BIA
- Be able to practice with some autonomy, demonstrate effective practice in complex situations, assess and manage levels of risk, whilst striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals
- Good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems, such as Microsoft and case management system
- Evidence of working with a complex caseload that is underpinned by evidence-based practice
- A current driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means
We'll support you to be to your best, with the resources, training and development to empower you. You can add to your expertise, with a range of opportunities offered by our award-winning Essex Social Care Academy. And, with flexible working options and other lifestyle benefits, we'll enable you to make the most of your life outside work, too.
This Best Interest Assessor job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.