Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Best Interest Assessor (BIA) to work part time (4 days a week) based in Kingston, within the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) Team.
The pay rate for this locum Best Interest Assessor job is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and it is an initial 9-month contract.
BIAs work flexibly across locations, and predominantly from home.
- Be responsible for carrying out assessments and reviews under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2007 (Amendment to Mental Capacity Act 2005) to establish if a person is being deprived of their liberty
- Make recommendations and conditions, if applicable, for the authorisation to the relevant Supervisory Body in order to promote the least restrictive practice and maximise peoples’ independence and rights to liberty
Requirements of the Best Interest Assessor:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' or Children’s Services
- Previous experience working as a BIA is essential
- Have understanding and respect for individuals’ qualities, abilities and diverse backgrounds and applies this to their practice
- Have the ability to act independently, and to establish effective relationships with service users, people lacking capacity and carers, as well as providers
This Best Interest Assessor job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.