Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Best Interest Assessor (BIA) to work full-time based in Leicester.
The pay rate for this locum Best Interest Assessor job is £22 per hour (Assignment rate) and it is an initial 6-month contract.
This role will initially be office based until IT equipment can be sourced to allow candidates to work from home.
The role is office based within the city and the candidate would be required to drive in order to complete visits for the purpose of assessment throughout Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Undertaking both Mental Capacity and best interest assessments and co-ordinating the assessment process under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Undertaking DoLS reviews and supporting the duty function
- Provide effective safeguards for members of the public who fall within the remit of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) legislation by providing a high quality assessment and advice based on the statutory requirements arising from the Mental Capacity Act (MCA), ensuring compliance with Article 5 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Coordinate the DoLS assessment process within statutory timescales
- Act in line with local and national policy to improve outcomes for people
- Provide expert advice to ensure an effective and consistent multi-agency approach to DoLS, including provision of training opportunities and support for Best Interest Assessor candidates
Requirements of the Best Interest Assessor:
- Holding a post qualified award as a best interest assessor, you’ll have comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of practice and the interface between the Mental Capacity Act and Mental Health Act, along with local and national issues in health and social care
- Been practising as a qualified best interest assessor within the past 2 years and undertaken required mandatory annual refresher training
- Hold a degree in Social Work, Occupational Therapy or similar e.g. CQSW, DipSW, Nursing, and have current registration with the relevant body for this
- Experience in assessing complex needs for adults, you’ll have a robust background of working in adult social care or health care with the ability to use your initiative, prioritisation and time keeping skills to manage and prioritise allocates cases
- Excellent knowledge of partnership agencies and experience of partnership working, as well as a creative and pragmatic solution skillset to meet individual needs and have confidence working effectively in difficult and challenging situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong administration and IT skills to be able to efficiently present information and reports
- Live local to Leicester City or within the surrounding area of Leicestershire or, be prepared to relocate
This Best Interest Assessor job is advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.