Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a Grade 8 Social Work Assistant Team Manager to work based in Aylesbury, High Wycombe or Amersham, within Children’s Services.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £41,860 - £44,007 per annum.
- Assist the Team Manager to, manage and supervise a team of multi-disciplinary staff including qualified, experienced Social Workers to deliver statutory services to children and young people in need of support, protection and care
- Supporting the Team Manager to lead and manage staff by setting direction, monitoring standards, interpreting and communicating feedback and providing an important, positive interface for staff working in a multi-agency environment
- Promoting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Improving children and young people's life chances and outcomes in the care of their parents, or other carers
- Assisting with the leading, managing and supervising social work practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and reviewing social work services
- Assuring the quality of practice, managing performance and delivering value for money
- Supervise staff, qualified and unqualified, as delegated by the Team Manager to ensure the continuity of service delivery by the team
- Manage the teams' duty system and team diary and work as part of the duty system
- Ensure cases records are maintained on ICS
- Sets clear performance standards that meet service strategy and goals
- Auditing quality and standards
Requirements of the Assistant Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Substantial relevant experience and success in a similar role, backed by evidence of appropriate professional expertise
- Management and leadership training qualification
- Passion for delivering improved outcomes for children
- Ability to set and give clear messages
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Able to manage and handle change and adjust direction accordingly
- Ability to make an accurate assessment of risks and decisions
- Knows when to refer to others
- Ability to set and maintain pace
This Assistant Team Manager job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.