Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Service Occupational Therapist to work either full-time or part-time within an Older Peoples Team based in Herts Valley, Hemel Hempstead. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapist and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £26 - £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 6-month contract.
- The role will primarily be to carryout comprehensive creative assessments to enable independence and moving & handling assessments for elderly people who are struggling to manage activities of daily living in their homes or in placement.
- As postholder of this role you will be working to respond preventatively to referrals for social care and support and will use occupational therapy interventions and a strengths-based approach to enable adults and older adults to remain in their own homes with the optimum level of independence and to enable/support customers to achieve their desired outcomes.
- If successful, you will undertake assessments of need to determine eligibility and implement care and support plans with clear outcomes to achieve or maintain well-being.
- It is important to keep the service user at the centre of all activity and address assessed needs within the legislative framework.
- You will be expected to work as part of an integrated team, attend multi-disciplinary meetings and need to have excellent communication skills.
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapist
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist
- Previous NHS experience
- Must be a car driver
- Must be able to work autonomously within agreed timeframes and manage frequently changing circumstances.
- Must have a good understanding of the relevant adult social care legislation is essential to this post.
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.