Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Services Occupational Therapist to work in Southwark on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £33.95 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3 -month contract.
- Provide professional occupational therapy services.
- Undertake and review assessments of users in consultation with other health professionals.
- To provide aids and rehabilitation for people with disabilities.
- On occasions design tailor made equipment and adaptations to users' homes and provide advice on design and planning of buildings and facilities.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
- Must hold a recognised diploma or degree in occupational therapy and be stated registered.
- Must have knowledge of legislation appropriate to disability services
- Sufficient post qualification experience to be autonomous in managing a clinical caseload, without direct supervision, in a community setting.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and mange time effectively
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with clients and other health professionals
- Experience of producing reports for a variety of audiences
- Good IT skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills.
- Customer focused
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.