Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Services Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Islington. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Services Occupational Therapist job is £30 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 4-month contract.
- Assessing the needs of clients under relevant legislation to assist in maximising their ability to achieve full participation in the community.
- To assess the need for and make recommendations on means of furthering the independence of clients including the use of domestic adaptations and personal aids.
- Ensuring that recommendations are implemented, liasing with all branches of the Social Services Department, other Council Departments and the Health Authorities as necessary.
- Maintenance of case records, write reports and answer correspondence.
- Training of the client and his/her family in the correct use of equipment and adaptations.
- Responsibility for the training of occupational therapy students.
- To participate in regular multi-agency meetings and to be part of a multi-disciplinary team within the localities, to include Team Manager, Specialist Social Worker/Care manager, Social Worker/Care manager - Adults, District Nurse care Managers, Link Hospital Social Workers and Domiciliary Care Assessors.
- To provide contributory reports, professional advice and support to Community Care and Social Work staff in undertaking assessments of need, devising care plans to meet identified needs, including advising on potential provider agencies or types of service being provided and undertaking reviews of care plans and need.
- Advising staff and clients in day and residential establishments and their homes when required on the occupational therapy needs of disable persons under the Chronic Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970.
- Maintaining current information relating to aids and adaptations.
- Offering specialist advice to council departments on the design and allocation of special housing e.g. wheelchair, mobility.
- Offering specialist advice to Council Departments in the planning of day and residential provision.
- Advising technical staff in the making and modification of specific aids.
- To assist in building and maintaining effective working relationships with other borough agencies including health, voluntary sector in the provision of an OT service.
- Liaison with non-statutory organisations on matters concerning the work of the section.
- Using computer terminal (with training where necessary) to input and extract information and to prepare reports and statistical analysis according to Departmental standards.
- At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Such other minor and non-recurring duties appropriate to the post as may be directed.
Requirements of the Social Services Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapies
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist
- Social Care experience
This Social Services Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.