Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Social Services Occupational Therapist to work based in Leicestershire.
The pay rate for this locum Social Services Occupational Therapist job is £25-30 per hour (assignment rate) and has an initial 3-month contract.
- Work with citizens to ensure they are empowered to lead and self-direct their services, offering advice, education, coping strategies and therapeutic procedures on reablement, lifestyle changes and adaptations to their environment and hence increase their independence
- Demonstrating understanding and implications of manual handling legislation and current best practice, applying this knowledge in delivering therapeutic manual handling
- Providing aids to daily living and specialist disability equipment, offering instruction and training on use of the equipment or other techniques to optimise the patient's functional ability, independence and safety
- Assessing and advising on the need for structural adaptations and other works to citizens' homes of older/disabled people, make recommendations concerning the works required to meet individual requirements, and referring to Senior Occupational Therapists for Disabled Facilities Grant works to be considered
- Identify, investigate and manage potential safeguarding, mental capacity, continuing health care and other high risk situations where citizens' safety or liberty may be at risk, referring up as appropriate so as to enable citizens to take risks whilst protecting them from abuse, managing the risks to staff and the Council
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.