Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Services Occupational Therapist to work in Newton Abbott on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 5-month contract.
About the role:
- The role involves; essential face to face OT visits, completing complex OT assessments to include looking at moving and handling, environmental assessments, equipment provision, equipment technology, minor adaptations, hoisting and completing all relevant documentation. Will require liaison with other colleagues; social care, physiotherapy, OT colleagues, GPs, nurses.
- OT will need to be up to date moving and handling training. Working within Care Act 2014 to also look at eligibility for support services. Requires autonomy to work within the community and lone working.
- Support will be available through local OT peer group and social care team. Will need to be able to complete capacity assessments working within Mental Capacity Act 2005. Non essential visits will be completed virtually using technology.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.