Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Care Officer to work full-time in Wandsworth, within the Children's Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's' services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Care Officer job is £12.07 per hour (Assignment) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Care Officer:
To undertake an appropriate range of social care tasks to support disabled children / young people in need and their families and foster carers in the Wandsworth Family Link Scheme.
- To review packages of support to children / young people.
- To undertake health and safety reviews in foster carers' homes.
- To support the Wandsworth Family Link Support Group and arrangements for training for Foster Carers.
- To work jointly with qualified social workers to undertake a range of tasks in more complex cases; including supervising and reporting on contact visits; providing advice and practical support to parents/carers under pressure; life story work with looked after children; facilitating participation and consultation groups; and other appropriate tasks allocated by the line manager
Requirements of the Social Care Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's' services
- Willing to travel to all parts of Wandsworth borough
- Must be a car driver
This Social Care Officer job is advertised by Megan Roberts; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.