Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Service Manager to work full-time within the Placements and Fostering Service based in Bexley. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this Service Manager job is £60,306 - £68,610 per annum and is on a permanent basis.
- Supervising, leading, and supporting team managers
- Work in an often stressful working environment and dealing with a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding
- Risk management and decision making
- Ensuring an adequate staff compliment is maintained congruent with the workload of the team
- Managing the recruitment, retention, and support the ongoing learning and development of those within the service
- Making contributions and giving feedback in management meetings on performance as well as developing, promoting and implementing any agreed service or strategic improvement plans
- Lead and endorse decisions about legal planning meetings and supporting practitioners with the court process
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Extensive experience working with children and young people and supervising other members of staff and managers
- Extensive knowledge and experience with professional standards for social work as well as the laws, statutory guidance, and local policies and procedures
- Previous training and/or experience working with a solution-focused approach
- Proficient ability to communicate in English
- Be able to influence others in an effort to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Service Manager job is advertised by Matt Clayden; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.