Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Service Manager to work full-time within Children's Services in South West London, within Child Protection. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Service Manager job is to be confirmed per day (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Duties of the Service Manager:
- Directly line manage the children's planning and reviewing officers (child protection chairs and independent reviewing officers).
- To have lead responsibility for Children Looked After/ IRO Service.
- To provide strategic and operational management support, supervision and oversight to staff so that child protection conferences, child looked after reviews and allegations into concerns about trusted adults are timely, of a high standard and contribute to keeping children safe.
- To be responsible for ensuring that CPC/IRO fulfil their legal, statutory responsibilities specifically under Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Working Together to Safeguard Children, London Child Protection Procedures, Keeping Children Safe in Education, The IRO Handbook and Care Planning Regulations 2010 and provide quality assurance leadership across children's services department.
- To engage stakeholder and partners in making good quality plans to promote children's welfare and to hold partners and stakeholders to account for their actions.
- The authority to act on behalf of the Council regarding Safeguarding cases.
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- Social Work degree, CQSW or equivalent is essential and required.
- Management qualification (essential)
- Experience of child protection and children looked after social work including management. This will include court work and planning for children
- Provision of advice, support and guidance to social workers and partner agencies on a range of safeguarding issues including allegations against persons in positions of trust.
- Experience of risk management. decision making and planning for children within a pressured, fast moving environment.
This Service Manager job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.