Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for a Senior Staff Nurse (RMN/RNLD) to work with a leading private healthcare provider in Market Drayton. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Senior Staff Nurse role is £33,325 - £36,562.50 per annum.
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker (with facilitation) for a defined group of patients/residents and take responsibility for: Protecting and supporting the health of individual patients/residents. Assessment of care and health education needs. Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient.
- Under supervision, to gain experience and skills in: Clinical practice, Facilitation and teaching, Management (as appropriate).
- To work in accordance with THG Nursing Strategy and contribute to achieving THG strategic objectives
- To take charge of the ward/department/unit in the absence of senior nursing staff following performance review.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24-hour period.
- To be the clinical expert within the speciality.
- To act as an advocate to the child or adult ensuring the provision of appropriate information and support services.
- To be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
- In conjunction with the MDT, assess and manage risks identified through assessment of patients.
- To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with the MDT to modify care plans as appropriate.
- To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
- To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures.
- A 'Welcome Bonus' of at least £1000 (Some services offer up to £9,000).
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working.
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates.
- Annual leave entitlement of 6.6 weeks of basic weekly contracted hours including bank holidays.
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay.
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions.
- Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit.
- A fantastic preceptorship programme.
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary.
- A range of staff discounts.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Support for revalidation.
- Support for BSc and MSc .
- Professional support through Nurses forum.
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Requirements of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- You will be a registered nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
- Registered Nurse Qualification (RMN/RNLD)
This Senior Staff Nurse role is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.