Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to work full-time based in St Martin, within the Adult Mental Health Specialist Services.
The salary for this permanent Senior Staff Nurse job is £36,501 - £49,449 per annum.
- Carry out a wide range of duties principally to assess, develop, implement and evaluate care to work within the wider multi- disciplinary team and also autonomously as required
- Follow a Recovery focused model of care that promotes service user autonomy
- Work closely with the MDT team to ensure care is delivered to service users in accordance with agreed programmes of health care delivery and recovery
- Embed the principles of 6C’S when working with service users and will be guided by established policies and procedures within the clinical setting
- Engage in training, clinical supervision, line management supervision and team meetings on a regular basis and will provide supervision to junior members of the nursing team
- Contribute to the continued professional development of other nursing team members, student nurses, VQ candidates, HCA’s and other less experienced/new to role team members
- Take responsibility for professional development undertaking training as required by the organisation
- Participate in service development demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and the ability to undertake project work
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care
- Autonomously initiate emergency interventions as patient/client condition dictates
- Provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the post- holder’s experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary
- Participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of patients/clients together with providing support for other patients/clients
- Maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards
- Act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and maintain NMC registration
- Independently liaise and communicate effectively with members of the nursing staff, multi-disciplinary team and other associated agencies
- Act as Care Co-ordinator for patients/clients on CPA (Care Programme Approach)
- Participate in team reflective practice sessions
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings and clinical reviews
- Participate in contributing to the continuing development of the department’s philosophy, training/education
- Undertake annual statutory and mandatory training as identified by the Department
- Undertake the role of health promoter and educator for patients/clients and their families/significant others
- Maintain and develop own skills to promote evidence-based practice, within the role of providing community based care
- Participate in clinical supervision
- Assist in the learning, development and assessment of unqualified staff, junior staff and adaptation nurses
- Undertake a formal mentorship role if an appropriate qualification is held
- Undertake training to continue professional development
- Deputise for the team manager in their absence providing leadership and support to the team
Requirements of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- Registered Nurse
- Active NMC Registration
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively on all levels within both the acute mental health service, primary care and with relatives/carers
- Have a clear knowledge of the professional standards of practice and behaviour as guided by The Nursing Code of Practice and will adhere to these principles at all times
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice
- Valid Driving Licence
- Post qualification nursing experience
- Experience of working within Community Mental Health Setting
- Experience of working with patients suffering with severe and enduring mental health conditions
- Mentorship Qualification
This Senior Staff Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.