Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Surbiton, within the Target Youth Support Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £44,619 per annum.
- Provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion.
- Supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- Ensure a positive, high profile for Surrey Children’s service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Act as a mentor to social workers and support their development, and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.
- With appropriate training, undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work, including experience of provision of care services and experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people.
- Ability to travel round the county to meet the demands of the job.
- In depth and up to date applied knowledge of relevant national and local policy, statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.