Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Blackpool, within the Safeguarding Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker role is £38 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 3-month contract.
Duties of the Senior Social Worker:
- To support the Team Manager in the effective and efficient running of the team bringing added value through experience.
- Ensure that children and young people are safeguarded and protected from harm, and positive outcomes are promoted through timely intervention.
- To work collaboratively with partner agencies, children, young people and their families to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with Blackpool Children Services policies and procedures.
- To support the implementation of the Accreditation and Assessment Criteria as proposed by the Department for Education Knowledge and Skills Statement.
- Carry a complex caseload.
- To coach and mentor less experienced staff including Family Workers and Newly Qualified Social Workers undertaking their Assisted Year Supported Employment.
- To support the Team Manager, Senior Managers and Principal Social Worker with Continuous Professional Development and promote learning environment that encourages learning and utilises evidence informed practice.
- To work within current legislation as well as the procedural framework of Blackpool Council Children's Services
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.