Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for a Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £35,246 - £42,710 per annum.
Duties of the Senior Social Worker:
- To facilitate service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence and strength-based practice to enable residents to maintain their independence and local community connections for as long as safely possible
- To assist with the management of budgets, ensuring that processes and procedures are carried out in a timely and effective way; including authorising assessments, reassessments and arranging necessary funding to meet the requirements of individual support plans within available resources.
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults and to chair Section 42 Safeguarding Adults Enquiries where required.
- To provide operational and motivational leadership of staff, promoting a positive working environment with the primary aim of delivering high quality services
- To manage the duty team and oversee all incoming referrals and safeguarding concerns.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adults' services
- Have a 'can do' attitude to work
- Continuously seek better value for money while meeting resident's outcomes at lower cost
- Have the interests of residents and service users at heart, and ensuring they receive the highest standards of service provision
- Take a team approach that values collaboration and partnership working.
- Have knowledge of current developments in relevant legislation, national guidance and frameworks and how to access more detailed information when necessary, including the local authority's responsibility to safeguard adults at risk
- Be able to make rapid judgments, at times in emergencies
- Compressed hours
- Homeworking (dependent on service need)
- A generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
- a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme
- Interest-free loans on annual travel cards and other establishments.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Charlie Reeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.