Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time within an Adults MASH based in Guildford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £39,438 - £43,744 per annum.
- The Surrey Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the initial point of contact that aims to improve the safeguarding response for children and adults at risk of abuse or neglect through better information sharing and high-quality and timely responses.
- The Surrey MASH is made up of staff from Adult Social Care, Children's Social Care, Health and Surrey Police. We also have a virtual team of partners who support the MASH via information sharing.
- Make sure every child, young person and adult has the opportunity to access a service relevant to the level of need, harm and risk identified by the safeguarding partnership.
- Make sure the voice of the child, young person and adult is always first and foremost and the Surrey MASH will make sure that the best interests of children, young people, families and adults are central in all considerations and decisions.
- Ensure every concern regarding a child or young person is considered and forwarded to the appropriate service, both statutory or within the early help offer.
- Deliver effective co-ordination between all safeguarding agencies to identify need, harm and risk as early as possible and deliver improved outcomes for all.
- At Senior Social Worker level the role holder will be more autonomous. They will demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including more senior levels.
- The Senior Social Worker will promote and sustain a learning culture and personal professional development through professional reflective supervision and guidance to less experienced Social Workers Where required, they will take the role of practice educator (or train as a practice educator) for social work students and the role of ASYE assessor and supervisor for newly qualified social workers in the team.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Service
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Charlie Reeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.