Are you passionate about developing your Social Work career?
Sanctuary Social Care are looking for a hardworking, motivated Social Worker to work in a permanent role, within a Looked After Children Team based in Morden.
The salary for this Senior Social Worker job is £41,706 to £44,607 per annum. This is a permanent contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Employ a variety of evidence-based social work skills and methods in order to achieve specific objectives as agreed with service users and the Team Manager/ Assistant Team Manager
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families, taking into account their wishes and feelings
- Complete high-quality, robust assessments of need, using the Single Assessment Process including the gathering and analysis of information to inform judgements about risk of harm to children and young people
- Ensure cases are promptly and effectively closed when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management
- Develop and maintain relationships with other operational Social Work Teams and colleagues in the council and external partners including:
- Education Department
- Housing Department
- Education Welfare
- Council led and voluntary sector agencies with a family support role
- Community Health Service professionals
- Early Years professionals
- Children's Fund projects
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Colleges and providers of parenting support, training and adult education
- Relevant Working Groups (e.g. domestic violence forum)
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please apply above.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.