Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for a Senior Social Worker to work part-time within an Initial Response Team based in Exeter. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children Services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this Senior Social Worker role is £38 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) dependent on experience and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Manage and monitor a workload of complex cases as directed and organise work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities, ensuring statutory responsibilities are undertaken for children including visiting children, arranging reviews, reporting to court, delivering within timescales and meeting other national and local performance targets.
- To undertake interviews, observations and gather information from children, families and other agencies to analyse, summarise and evaluate the information to provide an holistic assessment of a child's needs, balancing risk and protective factors within a child protection framework. To produce focused and purposeful care plans for interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes within the context of managing risk to children.
- To make judgements about ensuring the appropriate use of legal proceedings to protect and care for the children or young person, and where such procedures are instigated to prepare the required documentation, liaise with relevant officers - including internal and external partner agencies - and to act in the best interests of the children or young persons.
- To chair multi agency meetings (eg Children in Need, Child in Need, core group, diversionary meetings) and determine plans from meetings and make recommendations to Team Manager.
- To attend Court where directed, and present evidence and act as an advocate on behalf of the Devon County Council to provide advice and guidance to the court to best inform decisions about the children or young person's future.
- HCPC Registration as a Social Worker
- A Social Care qualification
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.