Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time (36 hours per week) based in Richmond, within the Hospital Team.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker job is to be confirmed and is an initial 1-month contract.
- 08:30 am – 16:30 pm
- Visiting clinicians include pharmacists
- Provide professional supervision to front line staff
- Provide SAM oversight on safeguarding cases 3. Provide Enquiry Officer input on complex safeguarding cases
- Independently manage a caseload – SSW manages 10 beds in the rehab unit
- Key worker for patients admissions – attending MDT, liaising with professionals
- Link worker for all patients regardless of borough
- Liaison and negotiation with patients local borough to allocate case and take responsibility
- Arrange and undertake Care Act Assessments and make recommendations for short and long term care at home and in care home settings
- Complete face to face assessments on the ward and in the patient’s home
- Arrange and undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Meetings
- Provide information and advice to residents, carers, health colleagues
- Deputise for the Assistant Service Manager – attending care meetings for the ward which discuss bed flow and rehabilitation unit issues and work
- Work in partnership with MDT 14. To make referrals to other services where appropriate
- Participate in Continued Professional Development
- Maintain Social Work England professional standards
- Continuously seek better value for money and improved outcomes
- Take a team approach that values collaboration and partnership working
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- An experienced registered Senior Social Worker who share our values and commitment, are passionate about improving lives of local residents, and are able to provide support and oversight to the front line team members
- Have experience with Neuro rehabilitation/Hospital discharge/Care Act Assessments/Mental capacity Assessments/Safeguarding/Using a strength based approach
- A ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Have the interests of residents and service users at heart and ensuring they receive the highest standards of service provision
- Have knowledge of current developments in relevant legislation, national guidance and frameworks and how to access more detailed information when necessary
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.