Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Merton for a Senior Social Worker to work within a First Response Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the HCPC.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £41,706 - £44,607 per annum.
- Take responsibility for supervising less experienced staff and social work students or managing non-Social Work staff (e.g. Family Support Workers).
- Act as or be working towards being a Practice Educator (Stage 2) to social work students (in accordance with Practice Educators Professional Standards, PEPS).
- To assess and manage the work of Social Work Students and NQSWs on their ASYE.
- Act as a mentor to Level 1, 2 and 3 Social Workers.
- Model and help others to maintain professional/personal boundaries and skilled use of self.
- Autonomous practice in key areas of their duties. At level 4, Senior Social Worker's will be working under their own imitative and make case decisions, although communicating these decisions to their manager and recording them appropriately.
- Contribute to learning and teaching environment for self, team and the organisation.
- Model critical reflection, critically reflective practice and evidence informed decision making.
- Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex and/or high risk situations; and help others to develop their communication skills.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding and when necessary, apply research methods and methodology to inform reports and practice.
- Anticipate and manage higher risk and more complex cases and support others to develop risk management skills.
- Engage positively and contribute to organisational development.
- Play a leading role in practice development in the organisation and help sustain a learning culture.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.