Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Social Worker to work full time based in Wigan, within the Duty Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £37,890 - £41,881 per annum.
- Deliver consistently good social work practice, leading by example in a team of less experienced staff. You will be accountable for your practice, and readily share your knowledge and skills to contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement, and to develop others. You will mentor, coach and support others, including student social workers, to achieve a shared goal of improving outcomes for children and their families.
- Ensure that practice is underpinned by the Deal principals and our practice standards, and that the Signs of Safety model is embedded in our work with children and families, by championing this model.
- Manage a complex caseload, working with children and young people who are in need of help, protection and/or care, and whilst being based in a specific team, you will be courageous by working across the service where necessary to meet demand.
- Adopt a flexible approachto service delivery and use your skills to work across the Children’s Social Care directorate. This will include working with children in need, child protection, pre-proceedings, care proceedings and/or children looked after; and your workload will include assessments, planning, intervention, and review. You will be responsible for the risk management and care planning for children in complex, challenging and high risk circumstances, who are subject to statutory intervention.
- Ensure your work complies with legislation and government guidance, so that it stands up to scrutiny, will keep accurate, up to date records, and will use data to manage your own performance, supporting others to do the same.
- Be equipped to maintain partnerships, and have experience in influencing and inspiring partner agencies, working together to solve any issues. By being positive, courageous and accountable, you will ensure that partners feel valued and able to influence care planning and decision making.
- Have a key role in learning; taking a keen interest in case reviews, complaints and audits, sharing learning with colleagues and supporting them to close the loop following audit activity.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Social and Healthcare Qualified
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience of social work practice with children and young people who are in need of help, protection and/or care, using a strengths-based practice model, with a proven track record of success
- Demonstrate that you have been accountable for your work, and have a resilient nature with the capacity to deal with complex emotions and trauma, and recover quickly from difficult situations
- Have an ability to travel across borough and GM area either through use of a vehicle insured for business use or using public transport
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines, meet statutory timescales and re-organise the workload to meet conflicting demands, including those set by the Court
- Have experience of working with IT packages, including Liquid Logic or similar and be confident engaging and supporting children and families through technology where appropriate.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.