Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Wandsworth for a Senior Social Worker to work within the Discharge to Assess Team.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker job is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
The current Discharge to Assess model is in operation seven days per week from 8:00am to 8:00pm. The successful applicant will work some weekend shifts at an enhanced pay rate.
- Assessment of care and support needs, support planning and case management
- Provide professional supervision to front line staff
- Participate in managing the duty service across St George’s Hospital and the Discharge to Assess service
- Provide SAM oversight on safeguarding cases
- Provide Enquiry Officer input on complex safeguarding cases
- Independently manage a caseload
- Arrange and undertake Care Act Assessments and make recommendations for short and long term care at home and in care home settings
- Complete face to face assessments, including home visits, as per the Discharge to Assess guidance
- Arrange and undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Meetings
- Implement packages of care within a three hour window as per Discharge to Assess guidelines
- Provide information and advice to residents, carers, health colleagues
- Deputise for the Assistant Service Manager
- Work in partnership with health and community colleagues
- Make referrals to other services where appropriate
- Participate in Continued Professional Development
- Maintain Social Work England professional standards
- Continuously seek better value for money and improved outcomes
- Take a team approach that values collaboration and partnership working
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- An experienced registered Senior Social Worker who share our values and commitment, are passionate about improving lives of local residents, and are able to provide support and oversight to the front line team members
- Have experience with: Hospital discharge/Care Act Assessments/Mental capacity Assessments/Safeguarding/Using a strength based approach/Screening referrals
- A ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Have the interests of residents and service users at heart and ensuring they receive the highest standards of service provision
- Have knowledge of current developments in relevant legislation, national guidance and frameworks and how to access more detailed information when necessary St George’s Hospital Team and Wandsworth Hospital Team will offer the successful candidate supportive, regular supervision, training and the opportunity to learn and develop in a committed team that works towards positive outcomes
- A satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.