Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Northampton, within the Disabled Children’s Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £38,504 - £43,419 per annum.
- Provide practical and social work support for children, young people and families. This involves holding a more complex caseload.
- Undertake assessments, visit children and their families, carryout interventions, review the work undertaken, direct work with children, young people and families and any other work identified as necessary. All this must be based on best evidence and good practice, privileging the best interests of children and young people.
- Offer mentoring, work-shadowing/work experience opportunities and study towards the Practice Educator qualification and post qualifying modules.
- Work directly with children, young people and families, involving all key family members and prioritising children and young people's safety. Work using Signs of Safety methodology, which works collaboratively with families to empower them to find solutions whilst ensuring working within the policies, procedures of Children's Services and regulatory standards.
- Carry out in depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular focus on parental capacity and capacity to change.
- Recognise harm and risk indictors of different forms of harm to children relating to sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. Consider the possibility of Child Sexual Exploitation, grooming (on and offline), female genital mutilation, enforced marriage and the range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, recognising too the potential for children to be perpetrators of abuse.
- Make realistic child centred plans within a review timeline which will manage and reduce identified risks and meets the needs of the child. Any plans devised for the child need to be evidence informed, demonstrate clear analysis and professional judgement and evaluative decision making skills. This also includes working with multi-agency partners.
- Continuously develop knowledge of child development and how this impacts on all aspects of a child's life. This includes physical, cognitive, social, emotional and behavioural development and the impact of different parenting styles. Have a good and continually developing understanding of adult behaviours; for example, adult mental health, domestic abuse, mental health, physical health, disability and substance misuse and the impact on, and interrelationship between, parenting and child development.
- Arrange or provide transport/escort for Service Users e.g. to health appointments, education; provide practical support including access to living aids, to families and to young people, including those formally looked after by the Authority seeking to live independently in the community.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records pertaining to the child/children you have responsibility for. Write reports as required and if needed give evidence in court on factual matters.
- Contribute to planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering/adoption arrangements.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline family social work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation, regulations and guidance Knowledge of main issues in relation to own client group.
- Awareness of the main legislative framework within which the role operates.
- Knowledge of the range of services which are available to children and families and of the organisational framework within which they are provided.
- Knowledge of child development and of family functioning and dynamics.
- Skills and Knowledge in listening to children and adults, in observation and in carrying out assessments of strengths and weakness within families.
- Ability to work as a team with children and families including working cooperatively with other professionals and agencies to meet the needs of the child.
- Strong Report Writing and Evaluative skills.
- Full driving licence to be able to drive to customers and meetings across a large geographical area.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.