Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time across Norfolk within Children's Services.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £36,681 - £40,875 per annum and up to £10,000 relocation package is available if the criteria is met. Please ask for further details about this when applying.
Norfolk has over 90 Miles of unspoilt coastline, picturesque countryside, and the stunning Norfolk broads. Norfolk is a wonderful place to spend your free time, it has great shopping, beautiful beaches to soak up the sun, and the possibility of hiring a day boat or barge to navigate around the 120 + miles of waterways. Norfolk county council will support you in relocating to the area for work and have laid out a generous package for this. The council is on a journey of transforming its children services and have introduced a new operating model designed specifically to support social workers and frontline practice.
- To manage a caseload of the most complex work promoting high quality assessments and interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships, ensuring that the voice of the child is the focus of case recording and the planning of interventions.
- To coordinate and take responsibility for ensuring the appropriate action is taken where there are complex child protection, care/placement planning, assessment, or related issues, and for promoting evidence/knowledge-based interventions and the use of restorative approaches.
- To develop and maintain up to date professional knowledge to lead on ensuring that team practice complies with legislation, statutory guidance, service procedures and standards, agreed targets, and timescales.
- To contribute to the management of the team by participating in key planning and decision making, providing professional supervision, contributing to Performance Development discussions, identifying training needs, delivering training, and deputising for the Team Manager or Assistant Team Manager in the delivery and/or allocation of case work as required.
- To investigate complaints and produce reports and recommendations for follow up action.
- To support quality assurance by conducting file audits and multi-agency reviews, developing, monitoring, and reviewing systems within the team, and collecting and reporting the views of children, parents, team members and multi-agency partners to contribute to improving practice and procedure.
- To chair meetings, use effective presentational skills to represent the department in internal and external meetings, and provide verbal/written reports for court proceedings, case conferences and other arenas
- Salary increases based on appraisals each year
- 27 days Annual leave, rising with length of service, buying additional leave is possible.
- Parents have priority spaces to the independent Nursery within county hall grounds.
- Flexible working opportunities including a condensed four-day week working, nine-day fortnights
- Above statutory annual leave entitlement - plus the ability to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Maternity, paternity, and adoption pay and time off to support you as your family grows.
- Support if you care for relatives or friends who are older, disabled or seriously ill
- Challenging but manageable caseloads
- Small, well-supported teams
- Managers and senior leaders who back you up with those tough decisions you often have to make
- Support with Continuing Professional Development – offering you one day of protected time every month, and a Teaching Partnership with the University of East Anglia
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.