Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time in Wandsworth within the Children with Disabilities Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker job is £35,246 - £42,710 per annum.
Duties of the Senior Social Worker:
- To carry a caseload (long term and short term) as allocated by the Team Manager / Deputy Team Manager and within the priorities of the Special Needs, Disability and Psychology Service.
- To act as a Duty social worker at direction of the Deputy Team Manager.
- To maintain a knowledge and awareness of legislation and departmental policies and procedures, and to work within these.
- Act in the role of the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, particularly child / adult protection, looked after child cases and legal proceedings (which might relate to children or adults)
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need / young adults with disabilities and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR)
- Bring together and coordinate the team around the child (young person)/ service user to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding
- To make the line manager aware without delay of any complaints received from service users or from other agencies so that the appropriate complaints procedure can be applied and issues of concern be dealt with as swiftly as possible.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.