Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Slough, within the Children with Disabilities Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £44,829 - £49,812 per annum.
- Responsible for undertaking social work on allocated cases producing outcome-based plans, having regard to the needs of, and risks to, children and their families.
- To develop effective relationships with children, young people, and their families to improve impact of work and determine the level of service available ensuring written plans are agreed with the CYP and their families and reflect their views.
- To determine, using evidence-based practice how these needs will be met subject to resources, statutory responsibilities, within the framework of council policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for effective Individual performance in line with national standards and performance indicators, including receiving regular supervision.
- Responsible for participating in routine auditing activity across the service to secure the highest possible standards of social work practice and record keeping and to act in accordance with requirements of the Quality Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that the needs of service users/carers from all communities are addressed, and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspects of work. To ensure access to translation and interpretation services as necessary.
- To complete financial assessments and, where appropriate, to determine contributions and levels of need/service.
- With the agreement of the Consultant Social Work Manager, to identify resources required and available to promote child/family wellbeing.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other relevant partner agencies e.g., voluntary, community, schools, police, health other statutory agencies/local resource networks and internal partners.
- To maintain, monitor and review accurate records of all work undertaken ensuring recording information is accurate and up to date, including comprehensive use of the Integrated Children’s System.
- To work effectively move casework to other areas of service as appropriate with a clear transfer plan.
- To contribute to the development of services to children and families and to attend and contribute positively to team meetings to promote the delivery of integrated and effective services.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Ability to write reports to a high standard.
- Understanding and experience of child protection procedures.
- Understanding of children and family legal framework and assessment process.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle is desirable.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.