Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Surbiton, within the Hospital Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £44,619 per annum.
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, and communities to assess and intervene, and give professional judgement, employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control, and independence.
- Assist individuals, carers, and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset-based approach.
- Actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration.
- Engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- Assist with the duty/intake function of the team as required, providing immediate professional guidance on urgent issues, arranging immediate support to manage risk in line with personalised approach and escalating issues of concern to more senior staff.
- Manage a caseload which will include individuals, children, families, and carers who require support and guidance. Plan support to meet their needs using the full range of options, seeking advice and support where appropriate.
- Provide information, advice, and guidance in line with current national legislation and to appropriately signpost to other agencies, services, or providers.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Basic IT skills.
- Basic numeracy skills and ability to understand cost information.
- Sound knowledge of social care processes and responsibilities in line with personal directed support and person-centred planning.
- Ability to routinely explain professional reasoning, judgements, and decisions made in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to write assessment documents, letters, emails, and reports in a way that is understood by anyone reading them.
- Applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (2005).
- All registered social workers qualifying from 2012 will be required to participate on the ASYE or provide evidence of successful completion of the ASYE.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.