Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Surbiton, within the Adult Locality Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £44,500 per annum.
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, and communities to assess and intervene and use professional judgement when employing a range of interventions promoting choice, control, and independence.
- Assist individuals, carers, and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset-based approach.
- Actively encourage involvement ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate and give an explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- Actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration.
- Ensure that individuals, carers, and families have a clear understanding of the NHS Continuing Health Care process and support where required.
- Promote and sustain a learning culture and personal professional development through professional reflective supervision and guidance to less experienced Social Workers.
- Take professional responsibility for managing a complex caseload which will include individual children, carers, and families who require support and guidance.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Diploma or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- At least 3 years post qualifying experience within frontline adult social work, including within a community focussed multi-disciplinary setting.
- In depth and up to date applied knowledge of relevant national and local policy and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- All registered social workers qualifying from 2012 will be required to have successfully completed their ASYE in order to demonstrate capabilities required at ASYE level or higher.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.