Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time in Havering in an Adoption Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective Adoption family finding and matching service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Manage caseloads of children with a placement order, where a placement order has been applied for in care proceedings and who have been relinquished, utilising specialist expertise in family finding and matching.
- Work closely with the child's social worker to identify and match prospective adopters.
- Work with colleagues across Adopt London East to ensure the child is matched to an appropriate adopter within agreed timescales.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to develop children's profiles and promote the child in both on-line and direct forums.
- Work with the Team Manager and Head of Service to develop the service.
- Work from an agreed local base across 5 London Boroughs to family find for and match children across East London.
- Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.