Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Gloucestershire for a Senior Social Worker to work within the 0-18 Children with Disabilities Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £28,785 - £34,788 per annum.
- Be part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team working to implement the SEND agenda for children and young people across South Gloucestershire. Social workers have a varied caseload of disabled children who are Children in Need (CIN), Looked after children (LAC) and Children in Need of protection (CP)
- Work with other Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Special Educational Needs (SEN) practitioners and will have a case load of children and young people between ages of 0-18
- Be responsible for assessing need and producing Care plans for children and young people in conjunction with their families and other professionals
- Manage a complex caseload, including children and young people in need, who need to be safeguarded and children who are looked after
- Model good practice and have knowledge and understanding of legislation and guidance which specifically relates to disabled children, young people and their families
- Travel widely within the Authority so you must either have a current driving licence and provide a car, or have access to appropriate means of travel
- Carry out assessment of needs, providing advice and guidance to service users and their carers, in order to establish care plans where appropriate, ensuring that services are effective and meet legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Review and monitor care plans and the quality of service provision, responding to changing needs and renegotiating service provision where appropriate
- Manage own caseload or specific projects to ensure specialist inputs are obtained and effective outcomes achieved
- Raise awareness of a range of care issues and their implications and carry out risk assessments where appropriate, in order to ensure that needs are assessed and appropriate action is taken
- Liaise and work with contacts from different sectors, including health and the voluntary sector, sometimes as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that communication is effective and that knowledge and best practice are shared
- Complete and present records and reports in accordance with professional and council guidelines
- Take necessary action in accordance with Safeguarding procedures in order to protect vulnerable children and young people
- Make recommendations for significant budget spend ensuring that maximum value is delivered for the resources deployed and contribute to budget management or directly manage a small designated budget
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Demonstrate effective key working practice in complex situations, assessing and managing high levels of risk, striking a balance between support and challenge, meeting outcomes, liaising with a wide range of qualified practitioners and professionals, including more senior levels
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.