Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Lewisham, within the Safeguarding Quality & Assurance Team.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker job is £35.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
This role requires both working from home and office based work.
- Be responsible for leading on wide-scale safeguarding enquiries and working in partnership with a range of professionals in order to address safeguarding concerns
- Risk management, safeguarding, and promoting choice and control
- Work closely with all partners to improve how adults at risk are safeguarded, contribute to the development of Safeguarding arrangements in the borough, and work to improve the identification of those service users and carers who could benefit from appropriate information and advice to keep them safe
- Working closely with providers, commissioners and contractors
- Play a major part in raising standards and improving the quality of care provided to vulnerable adults service users
- Undertaking wide-scale safeguarding enquiries that have the potential to affect more than one service user, for example, those involving Nursing, Residential and Domiciliary Care providers
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Sound generic social work skills and experience
- Be able to support front-line staff including guiding them through statutory responsibilities in areas relating to risk & safety
- Extensive previous experience of adult safeguarding, and is interested and confident in working in this area
- Extensive experience of safeguarding work and complex work
- Ability to undertake wide-scale enquiries i.e. those that have the potential to affect more than one service user
- Sound assessment skills and be able to prioritise and self-manage your own caseload
- Ability to organise and chair strategy meetings/discussions and formulate an interim protection plan and to map out the investigation and assign roles
- Ability to analyse complex information and evidence in order to form a conclusion and to reach an outcome
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- A methodical and organised approach to the work
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audience
- Previous experience of working with residential/nursing and domiciliary providers
- Be able to offer informal advice and support around safeguarding practice to junior staff
- Ability to act as Duty Senior
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be confident in working in pressurised difficult situations where there may be issues of conflict
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.