Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Waltham Forest, within the Children & Families Safeguarding & Support Service.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £43,869 - £46,860 per annum.
- Undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the well-being of children and young people
- Professionally supervise and support other colleagues
- Commissioning placements & resources
- Statutory social work in regards to regulations and standards
- Conduct statutory and/or complex/specialist assessments of the more vulnerable children and young people and determine intervention/referral to the appropriate service
- Represent the service at departmental/other agency working parties
- Work directly with children and young people
- Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings
- Maintain good working relationships with other professionals whilst challenging the decisions of other statutory agencies
- Manage a complex and varied caseload within a framework of policy and procedures - flexibility to deal with the immediate situation and with access to professional supervision or line management for guidance
- Contribute to the development and delivery of improvements in processes and procedures
- Deputise in the absence of the Access to Resources Team Manager
- Ensure the delivery of unified & effective planning around placements for children & young people
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Appropriate DBS Clearance
- Experience in undertaking highly complex casework within a statutory children's setting
- Experience of service delivery which is culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of a multi-cultural community
- ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.