Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Bromley within a Referral and assessment team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £36,268 up to £43,088 per annum.
- To discharge the authority's responsibilities under the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation with respect to children in need, particularly those in need of protection and those looked after by the authority.
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
- All postholders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- 3 years post qualifying experience
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.