Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time within an IRIS Team based in Gloucester. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
This newly created team is part of a developing, dedicated multi-professional IRIS service (including day provision, specialist foster care, programme and family support) which is seeking to make a real difference to young people's lives.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Practitioner role is £35 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 3-month contract.
About the Job:
- To be responsible for holding a caseload with a high level of complexity.
- Deliver research informed practice where the best outcomes for that child are at the heart of everything you do.
- To support and hold a caseload jointly with less experienced staff in highly complex cases
- To be responsible for modelling a high standard of practice in relation to own casework, including good quality case recording and report writing
- To work collaboratively with the case holding social worker to assist in coordinating and delivering the IRIS care plan
- Driving forward the IRIS Care plan in order to avoid drift
- To chair multi agency network meetings.
- To provide mentoring and specialist consultation or advice to colleagues and less experienced social workers to ensure reflective practice in all single or multi-agency assessments, including the development of outcome focussed plans.
- To provide mentoring, specialist knowledge and advice to colleagues.
- Promote a learning culture.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Experience and understanding of effective multi agency working to achieve positive outcomes for children/young people and their families.
- To understand and work effectively and sensitively with difficult
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.