Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Islington, within the Integrated Hospital Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adults' services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Practitioner role is £33 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 3-month contract.
Duties of the Senior Practitioner:
- To supervise 2 Social Workers covering the Out of Borough hospital discharge work stream
- To supervise 1 SW at Evergreen (acute UCLH unit on the grounds of the St Pancras Hospital) with view to support people to be safely discharged from the service in a timely fashion
- Developing an excellent working partnership with other social care and NHS staff
- Attending daily teleconferences and regular meetings where patients and delayed patients discharge needs are discussed
- Implementing the CHOICE policy that has been agreed at multi borough and multi CCG level
- To liaise with the different hospitals in relation to patients and update the relevant NHS discharge coordination workers on specific patients
- Ensuring that there are no delays to discharges
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adults' services
- Previous experience formally supervising other staff
- Substantial hospital work experience
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Jake Merry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.