Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Bexley in a FSCP Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £42,198 up to £48,156 per annum.
- You will have responsibility for managing a caseload of more complex and higher need cases within a child protection context.
- You will be required to take appropriate initiative when working to support children and their families.
- You will also support other practitioners in the team through mentoring, advice, support, and occasional shadowing on visits or for meetings.
- There is a high likelihood of court involved work in this role.
- In the role you will build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection.
- Where possible, you will help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network. Where this is not possible, alternate plans will need to be explored and implemented to help ensure children grow up in safe, nurturing, and happy homes that achieve long term permanence. This will require working in a supported practice environment that respectfully challenges and enables you to use your professional judgement, autonomy, experience, knowledge, and skills. These all form the key aspects of our Signs of Safety practice model which we use when working with children, families and the wider professional network.
- You will have a proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- 3 years post qualifying experience
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Matt Clayden; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.