Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Basildon, Essex within the Family Support & Protection Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £39,164 - £47,404 per annum.
Duties of the Senior Practitioner:
- Provides leadership in the team, providing both support and mentoring to newly qualified or less experienced staff and deputising for the Team Manager when needed.
- Oversee the review of some child in need plans particularly prior to closure and will have responsibility to lead in a practice area.
- There will be good opportunities for their own professional development and for being part of developing our team and service.
- There is an ethos of openness to the development of new ideas, particularly to reinforce our relationship-based focus, both with our service users and within the staff group.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Social Work England registration as a Registered Social Worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- IT/Word Processing Skills.
- Evidence of recent practice at an experienced social worker level, supported by comprehensive working knowledge and experience within the field of practice in Children Services.
- Preferably with experience of Child Protection work including section 47 investigations and assessments since the implementation of the Children's Act 1989.Considerable, recent experience of communicating with children of all ages and working in partnership with parents and/or carers.
- Experience in planning activities and programmes for children, young people and parents.
- Experience of Court work in relation to Child Care matters and have an understanding of the legal process.
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation pertinent to Child Protection (e.g. CA1989, CJA1991), Guidance and Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, relating theory and practice.
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.