Sanctuary Social Care has a locum vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Oxford, within the Family Support Team.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Practitioner role is £31.50 - £40 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- To ensure continuity/consistency in the delivery of service by supervising staff as delegated by the practice manager.
- To assist the Practice and Team Manager by contributing to the planning and development of the service and to assist the management of the workflow.
- Undertake an effective assessment of need, analysis, and management of risk for allocated children.
- Conduct statutory work with children who are subject to Child In Need plans, Child Protection Plans or children who are Looked After up to the point that permanency plans are put in place.
- Carry out statutory visits, monitor and assess children's safety and welfare and act promptly on any concerns.
- Take responsibility for cases until they are closed or referred to another service. Including the escalation of cases to appropriate statutory and specialist teams such as Youth Offending Service, Looked After Children/Leaving Care and the de-escalation of statutory cases to workers in the Family Support Service or universal services.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.