Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Durham, within the Families First Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Practitioner role is £31.93 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
This is a full-time vacancy and would suit someone who wishes to further their mentoring and supporting role within a safeguarding team. This is a high performing team with high support and low caseloads. This would suit a social worker with care proceedings experience and one who is competent in their care planning for children.
Duties of Senior Practitioner:
- Writing Statements for court
- Completing Section 7 and 37 reports for court
- Representing the authority in court to give evidence
- Carrying out home visits for monitoring purposes and to safeguard children
- Keeping up to date case recordings
- Convening and chairing core group meetings
- Liaising with other professionals
- Carrying out joint investigations and interviews with the police
- Initiating and seeing through care proceedings
- Implementing and reviewing Care Plans
- Supervising contact
- Writing case conference reports
- Attending case conferences and strategy meetings
- Completing Child in Need plans
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Liam Burgess; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.