Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Practitioner to work full-time within a Court and Permanence (LAC) Team based in Southend. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this Senior Practitioner role is £39,849 to £45,662 per annum.
- As postholder of this role you will provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of children and young people, some of which will be complex and sensitive cases all will require the highest of professional standards, who has an in depth knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods.
- You will need to undertake responsibility for some areas of work in the day to day running of the team including supervision of identified team members and provide an efficient and cost effective service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed. Also provide consultation on casework and contribute to the development of colleagues within the team and where appropriate the wider service by virtue of being an experienced and reliable practitioner.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Detailed knowledge of child protection, looked after children and associated child in need social work practice issues. Knowledge of methods of social work intervention, detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations guidance & policy issues.
- Detailed knowledge & understanding of the Framework for the assessment of children in need and their families.
- Contemporary knowledge of social work & their social work applications i.e. attachment theory, enabling change, behaviour management.
- A broad and consistent range of experience of working with cases of child abuse, looked after children, children in need and court work.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working. Experience of staff management, supervision or practice teaching
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.