Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Waltham Forest, within the Corporate Parenting Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner job is £42,774 - £45,684 per annum.
Duties of the Senior Practitioner:
- To manage and support colleagues, a caseload involving the assessment of needs, determining the appropriate support plan/care package and ensuring its implementation to maintain or improve wellbeing.
- To undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people.
- To professionally support other colleagues.
- To provide leadership and professional guidance to social workers.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Significant post-qualifying social work experience in a Children & Families setting
- Experience of undertaking highly complex casework within a statutory children's setting
- Experience of service delivery which is culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of a multi-cultural community
- Experience of prioritisation, care planning and service delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in assessing complex risk
- Experience of having to interpret, understand and make judgements on the complex interactions between the risk and protective factors in any given situation when arriving at a decision about whether the child or young person is suffering or is likely to suffer significant harm.
- Have high-level knowledge and skills in gathering information from a range of sources, including direct observation of children and young people and their interactions with mothers, fathers and carers.
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.