Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for a Social Worker to work within a Children with Disabilities Team in Basildon. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,168 - £47,405 per annum.
- The post holder is responsible for the management of their own cases and support of social work staff in the management of complex child protection and child in need cases, or children looked after.
- Whilst this will include investigation, assessment and purposeful intervention, the primary role within Children and Families is to achieve positive change within families wherever possible, with the aim of enabling children to remain within their home.
- This will be achieved through implementation of the child protection, child in need plan and achieving permanency through care planning for children in care.
- Our children in care teams work with children and young people who are in care up to the age of 18.
- Children in care teams provide a high-quality service to children who are unable to live at home and are placed with foster carers or live in residential homes.
- The work includes ensuring that all statutory requirements are met and include undertaking care proceedings, supporting children who return home, developing permanency plans which include special guardianship orders (SGO) and adoption plans.
- Teams are committed to high quality work and engagement with all children in care to maximise the potential of young people.
- They work with a range of agencies, including health and education to ensure that care plans are effective.
- Free onsite parking for staff, easily accessible via A13/A127
- Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleagues
- Permanent managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available
- All teams are based in the same offices which is great for collaborative working
- Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
- Good working relationships with other teams and professionals. Step down processes to partner agencies embedded
- Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
- We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Be able to demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS)
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.